Saturday, August 18

End of an era.

Schiehallion (3553ft) in Perthshire

Towards the end of the Summer vacation period, I took advantage of the last few days and went off to Killin. Got there early enough to bag Schiehallion before the sun set, that late in the day had it almost to myself. This was going to be the last camp in this van as well, at least for us. The motorhome floor is dropping out, not going to go into a rant about who's fault that might be, they'll get no business from me if I can help it.
I had a cycle along Loch Tay, 16 miles and around 28 geocaches, this included one at the disused gold and copper mine used in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Had wanted to visit this for years and it did not disappoint. I was very grateful for being able to get a bus back to the other end of the loch. Very knackered after that so had a couple of days just chillin as weather was good.

So have managed to sell the van on ebay, got a decent price for it I think, we are now looking for another camper. Have a couple of options and still thinking about which way to go with it. Will keep you apprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment